IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, North West View of Wollaton hall, Nottinghamshire; the Seat of the Right hon'ble Lord Middleton, 1812
North West View of Wollaton hall, Nottinghamshire; the Seat of the Right hon'ble Lord Middleton
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Castellated and Domestic Architecture of England and Wales from the 11th Century to the 19th, Vol. 2, Drawn by J. Buckler, F.S.A. & J.C. Buckler for T. L. Parker, Esqr.
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm), Image: 13 × 18 1/4 inches (33 × 46.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "North West View of Wollaton hall, Nottinghamshire; the Seat of the Right hon.ble Lord Middleton"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.C. Buckler 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | country house | Elizabethan | Jacobean | mullions | muntins | pilasters | turrets | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Nottinghamshire | United Kingdom | Wollaton
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.