South view of Holland House, Middlesex, the Seat of Lord Holland
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/4 × 17 1/4 inches (28.6 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South View of Holland House, Middlesex | The Seat of Lord Holland"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balustrades | bay windows | country house | Dutch gables | Elizabethan | facade | Jacobean | loggia | mullions | parapets | towers | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Kensington | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South view of Holland House, Middlesex, the Seat of Lord Holland, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.