Plan of Longford Castle, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Right Hon'ble the Earl of Radnor
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image: 15 1/4 × 12 1/2 inches (38.7 × 31.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center (some uppercase): "Plan of Longford Castle, Wiltshire; | The Seat of the Right Hon.ble the Earl of Radnor"; in pen and black ink, throughout, plan labeled and dimensions given
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J.B. 1815"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | blueprint | castle | country house | Elizabethan | Jacobean
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Salisbury | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Plan of Longford Castle, Wiltshire; the Seat of the Right Hon'ble the Earl of Radnor, 1815
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.