IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Porch at Wilton House designed by Hans Holbein, 1804
Porch at Wilton House designed by Hans Holbein
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Castellated and Domestic Architecture of England and Wales from the 11th Century to the 19th, Vol. 2, Drawn by J. Buckler, F.S.A. & J.C. Buckler for T. L. Parker, Esqr.
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 inches (50.2 × 35.6 cm), Image: 9 5/8 × 7 3/8 inches (24.4 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Porch at Wilton House designed by Hans Holbien [sic]"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1804"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | country house | parapets | pilasters | strapwork | Tudor | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wilton | Wiltshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.