South West View of Chatsworth House Derbyshire the Seat of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire
- Part Of:
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 × 17 1/4 inches (27.9 × 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "South West View of Chatsworth House, Derbyshire | The Seat of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J Buckler 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balustrades | country house | Elizabethan | finials | mullions | parapets | pediment | pilasters | strapwork | tympanum | windows
- Associated Places:
- Derbyshire | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, South West View of Chatsworth House Derbyshire the Seat of His Grace the Duke of Devonshire, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.