- Bowood Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Lansdown
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm) and Image: 11 3/8 × 19 3/8 inches (28.9 × 49.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "Bowood Wiltshire; the seat of the Marquis of Lansdown"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower right: "J. Buckler 1823"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | balustrades | columns | country house | finials | Georgian | parapets | pediments | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Buckler FSA, 1770–1851, British, Bowood Wiltshire; the Seat of the Marquis of Lansdown, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.