IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Albogasio, 1837
- Graphite and white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 9 5/8 x 13 13/16 inches (24.4 x 35.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Albogasio | 20th. Octobr. 1837 | K"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "37 | 29"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "32"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | houses | lake | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sky | trees | valleys (landforms) | village | water
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lombardy | Lugano, Lake
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.