A View of the Piazza Navona in the City of Rome
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Mount: 9 x 12 3/8 inches (22.8 x 31.5 cm), Sheet: 8 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (21.9 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 7 13/16 x 9 7/8 inches (19.9 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 x 9 9/16 inches (18.1 x 24.3 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "10"; lower center: "A view of the PIAZZA NAVONA in the City of ROME."; lower right: "de Bois fecit. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buildings | carriages | children | church | city | cityscape | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crosses (objects) | dogs (animals) | dome | fountains | genre subject | gesture | gowns | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | men | obelisk | palaces | piazza | pillars | pointing | streets | whips (animal equipment) | women
- Associated Places:
- Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi | Fontana del Moro | Italy | Lazio | Obelisk of Domitian | Palazzo Pamphilj | Piazza Navona | Roma | Rome | Sant'Agnese in Agone
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (de Bois), A View of the Piazza Navona in the City of Rome, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.