A View of the Piazza Navona in the City of Rome
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- 9 x 12 3/8 inches (22.8 x 31.5 cm), 8 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (21.9 x 28.3 cm), 7 13/16 x 9 7/8 inches (19.9 x 25.1 cm), and 7 1/8 x 9 9/16 inches (18.1 x 24.3 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "10"; lower center: "A view of the PIAZZA NAVONA in the City of ROME."; lower right: "de Bois fecit. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | buildings | carriages | children | church | city | cityscape | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crosses (objects) | dogs (animals) | dome | fountains | genre subject | gesture | gowns | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | men | obelisk | palaces | piazza | pillars | pointing | streets | whips (animal equipment) | women
- Associated Places:
- Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi | Fontana del Moro | Italy | Lazio | Obelisk of Domitian | Palazzo Pamphilj | Piazza Navona | Roma | Rome | Sant'Agnese in Agone
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (de Bois), A View of the Piazza Navona in the City of Rome, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.