A View of the Piazza del Popolo in the City of Rome
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Mount: 9 1/2 x 12 5/8 inches (24.2 x 32 cm), Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 7/16 inches (22.5 x 29.1 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (20.2 x 25.3 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 x 9 5/8 inches (18.4 x 24.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "9"; lower center: "A view of the PIAZZA DEL POPOLO in the City of ROME."; lower right: "de Bois fecit. | Printed for John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boxes (containers) | buildings | cargo | carriages | churches | city | cityscape | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | crosses (objects) | dogs (animals) | domes | donkeys | feathers | fountain | genre subject | gesture | gowns | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | men | obelisk | parasol | piazza | pillars | pointing | staffs (walking sticks) | streets | towers | tricornes | walking | walls | whips (animal equipment) | women
- Associated Places:
- Aurelian Walls | Italy | Lazio | Piazza del Popolo | Popolo Obelisk | Roma | Rome | Santa Maria dei Miracoli | Santa Maria di Montesanto
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (de Bois), A View of the Piazza del Popolo in the City of Rome, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.