A View of the Mole and the New Castle at Naples
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 10 x 12 9/16 inches (25.4 x 31.9 cm), Sheet: 9 1/16 x 11 3/8 inches (23 x 28.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 10 3/16 inches (20.6 x 25.9 cm), Image: 7 3/8 x 9 7/8 inches (18.8 x 25.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "7"; lower center: "A view of the Mole and the new Castle at NAPLES."; lower right: "Dubois fecit. | London Printed for John Bowles in Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | canoes | castle | city | cityscape | dock | flags | fortress | genre subject | Grand Tour | harbor | huts | marine art | masts | men | oars | ramp | rowboats | rowing | sails | sampans | sea | seamen | ships | slipway | walls | watch tower
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Castel Nuovo | Gulf of Naples | Italy | Naples | Napoli
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Dubois), A View of the Mole and the New Castle at Naples, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.