- A View of the Sea from the Palace of the Vice Roy at Naples
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Mount: 9 1/2 x 12 7/8 inches (24.1 x 32.7 cm), Sheet: 8 7/8 x 11 9/16 inches (22.5 x 29.4 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (20.6 x 26 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 9 13/16 inches (18.7 x 24.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "3"; lower center: "A view of the Sea from the Palace of the Vice Roy at NAPLES."; lower right: "Dubois fecit. | Printed for John Bowles in Cornhill London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | capes (outerwear) | cityscape | coats | columns (architectural elements) | costume | dock | dog (animal) | feathers | flags | garden | genre subject | gesture | Grand Tour | gulf | harbor | hats | marine art | masts | men | oars | palace | pillars | pointing | ramp | reliefs | rowboats | rowing | sails | sea | ships | slipway | steps | talking | trees
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Gulf of Naples | Italy | Naples | Napoli | Royal Palace of Naples
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by unknown artist, (Dubois), A View of the Sea from the Palace of the Vice Roy at Naples, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.