- Additional Title(s):
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 1/4 inches (30.3 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (17.2 x 13 cm), Image: 5 11/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.5 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "P. MONAMY."; lower right: "J. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | costume | frill | gesture | hands | holding | man | marine art | painting (visual work) | portrait | seascape | ship | storm | waves (natural events) | wig
- Associated People:
- Monamy, Peter (bap. 1681, d. 1749), marine painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, P. Monamy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.