Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, P. Monamy, undated
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 1/4 inches (30.3 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (17.2 x 13 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.5 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "P. MONAMY."; lower right: "J. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | costume | frill | gesture | hands | holding | man | marine art | painting (visual work) | portrait | seascape | ship | storm | waves (natural events) | wig
- Associated People:
- Monamy, Peter (bap. 1681, d. 1749), marine painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.