- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 8 3/4 x 6 15/16 inches (22.3 x 17.7 cm), 6 13/16 x 5 1/16 inches (17.3 x 12.9 cm), and 5 11/16 x 4 13/16 inches (14.5 x 12.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "v/"
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Vol. 4. p. 27."; lower center: "P. MONAMY."; lower right: "J. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Anecdotes of Painting in England (1762–1780) | coat | costume | frill | gesture | hands | holding | illustration | man | marine art | painter | painting (visual work) | portrait | seascape | ship | ship | storm | waves (natural events) | wig
- Associated People:
- Monamy, Peter (bap. 1681, d. 1749), marine painter
Walpole, Horatio [Horace], fourth earl of Orford (1717–1797)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, P. Monamy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.