Francis Milner Newton, Esq., R.A., Late Secretary to the Royal Academy
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 8 3/4 inches (29.8 x 22.3 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.1 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 10 11/16 x 8 inches (27.1 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Unpublished Plate"; lower right:"25.a"; on back, center: "71"; lower right: "5/ | 25A"
Lettered, lower left: "Geo Dance Del. May 5, 1793"; lower center: "FRANCIS MILNER NEWTON ESQ. R.A. | Late Secretary to the Royal Academy. | Published as the Act directs for Geo. Dance Esq. R.A. Upper Gower Street, April 1, 1803"; lower right: "W.m Daniell Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | chair | collar | cravat | man | obese | painter | portrait | posing | profile | ruffles | secretary | wig
- Associated People:
- Newton, Francis Milner (1720–1794), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Daniell, 1769–1837, British, Francis Milner Newton, Esq., R.A., Late Secretary to the Royal Academy, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.