- Campagna di Roma
- Graphite and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 4 15/16 x 7 11/16 inches (12.5 x 19.5 cm) and Image: 3 3/16 x 6 13/16 inches (8.1 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Campagna di Roma"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "E. Lear. del. 1843"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueducts | figure (representation) | herd | landscape | ruins | sky
- Associated Places:
- Campagna di Roma | Italy
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Campagna di Roma, 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.