IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Campagna di Roma, 1843
Campagna di Roma
- Graphite and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, gray wove paper
- Sheet: 4 15/16 x 7 11/16 inches (12.5 x 19.5 cm), Image: 3 3/16 x 6 13/16 inches (8.1 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Campagna di Roma"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "E. Lear. del. 1843"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aqueducts | figure (representation) | herd | landscape | ruins | sky
- Associated Places:
- Campagna di Roma | Italy
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Edward Lear and the Art of Travel (Yale Center for British Art, 2000-09-20 - 2001-01-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.