- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 13/16 x 5 9/16 inches (22.4 x 14.1 cm), Plate: 7 3/8 x 5 inches (18.7 x 12.7 cm), and Image: 3 5/8 x 2 9/16 inches (9.2 x 6.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/ | 25A"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Geo. Dance del. 1793.; center right: "P. Audinet sc."; lower center: "James Northcote | Born 1746; R. A. 1790; Died 1831. | Published in the Gentleman's Magazine, by J.B. Nichols & Son, Sept. 1. 1831."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | collar | man | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Northcote, James (1746–1831), artist and author
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Audinet, 1766–1837, British, James Northcote, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.