- Leonessa, 3 October 1844
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 10 1/2 inches (30.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Leonessa Santa Maria fuori della | Porta"; in brown ink, lower right: "The door is [?] stone- | [line of illegible inscriptions] | all the east [?]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | archways | bell | building | door | figures | herd | wall | windows
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Lazio | Leonessa
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Leonessa, 3 October 1844, 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.