- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 5 3/4 × 6 15/16 inches (14.6 × 17.6 cm) and 5 1/4 × 6 7/8 inches (13.3 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "C (encircled) | PAINE"; in black ink, on back, upper left: "696"; in graphite, on back, lower left: "Haytham(?) | Highmore(?) [crossed out]"; on back, lower center: "a- | Jame Paine"; on back, lower right: "6/- | 25A | Grignion"
collector's stamp of William Bell Scott (Lugt 2607), in black ink, on back, lower center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cap | compass (drawing instrument) | cravat | flowers (plants) | man | oval | portrait | scrolls | still life | tools | urn
- Associated People:
- Paine, James (bap. 1717?, d. 1789), architect
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.