Richard Morton Paye
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 7 5/8 inches (27.9 x 19.3 cm), Plate: 7 1/16 x 4 1/2 inches (17.9 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 5 5/16 x 3 3/8 inches (13.5 x 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/-"
Lettered, center inside image: "R.M. PAYE."; lower center: "Engraved by R. Dagley, from a Drawing by R.M. Paye. | Library of the Fine Arts, 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | framed | fur hat | gaze | man | oval | paintbrushes | painter | palette | pedestal | pen | portrait | quills | scrolls | wheat
- Associated People:
- Paye, Richard Morton (1750-1821), painter of portraits and miniatures
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Dagley, ca. 1765–1841, British, Richard Morton Paye, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.