Sir Robert Ker Porter
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 5/8 inches (30.1 x 21.9 cm), Plate: 6 9/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.6 x 11.5 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 6 1/4 x 4 1/8 inches (15.8 x 10.4 cm), and Image (oval): 3 9/16 x 2 15/16 inches (9 x 7.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/ | 25A"; in brown ink, lower right: "26729"
Lettered, center left along image: "Painted by J. Wright"; center right along image: "Engrav'd by Freeman"; lower center: "Sir Robert Ker Porter. | Paul & Dominic Colnaghi & co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | cravat | curls | diplomat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | writer
- Associated People:
- Porter, Sir Robert Ker (1777–1842), painter, writer, and diplomat
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Sir Robert Ker Porter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.