- Sir Robert Ker Porter
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderatley thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 5/8 inches (30.1 x 21.9 cm), Plate: 6 9/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.6 x 11.5 cm), Sheet: 6 1/4 x 4 1/8 inches (15.8 x 10.4 cm), and Image: 3 9/16 x 2 15/16 inches (9 x 7.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/ | 25A"; in brown ink, lower right: "26729"
Lettered, center left along image: "Painted by J. Wright"; center right along image: "Engrav'd by Freeman"; lower center: "Sir Robert Ker Porter. | Paul & Dominic Colnaghi & co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | cravat | curls | diplomat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | writer
- Associated People:
- Porter, Sir Robert Ker (1777–1842), painter, writer, and diplomat
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Sir Robert Ker Porter, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.