IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Sir Robert Ker Porter, undated
Sir Robert Ker Porter
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 8 5/8 inches (30.1 x 21.9 cm), Plate: 6 9/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.6 x 11.5 cm), Sheet: 6 1/4 x 4 1/8 inches (15.8 x 10.4 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 2 15/16 inches (9 x 7.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "3/ | 25A"; in brown ink, lower right: "26729"
Lettered, center left along image: "Painted by J. Wright"; center right along image: "Engrav'd by Freeman"; lower center: "Sir Robert Ker Porter. | Paul & Dominic Colnaghi & co."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | cravat | curls | diplomat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | writer
- Associated People:
- Porter, Sir Robert Ker (1777–1842), painter, writer, and diplomat
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.