Charles Christian Reisen
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 8 11/16 inches (28 x 22 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 3/16 inches (17.5 x 13.1 cm), Image: 5 13/16 x 4 15/16 inches (14.7 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "259"; on back, lower right: "2/ | 25A"
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "P. 435."; lower center: "CHARLES CHRISTIAN REISEN."; lower right: "J. Bretherton, f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | collar | costume | engraver (inciser) | gem | gesture | hand | holding | man | medallion (medal) | portrait | seal | wig
- Associated People:
- Reisen, Charles Christian (bap. 1679, d. 1725), gem-engraver
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Charles Christian Reisen, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.