- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.4 x 26.6 cm), Plate: 13 9/16 x 9 7/8 inches (34.5 x 25.1 cm), and Image: 8 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (21.3 x 17.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Architect | 1720-1804"; on back, lower right: "10/- (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center, within border: "NICHOLAS REVETT."; lower left: "Ramsay pinxt.."; lower center: "Dedicated (by Permission) to | William Wilkins Esqr,, M. A _ R. A _ & F. S. A. | From a family Picture, now in the possession of Mr,, Weale. | Published by Priestley & Weale, High Street, Bloomsbury, 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | costume | cravat | man | portrait | ruffle | wig
- Associated People:
- Revett, Nicholas (1721–1804), architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Camden Edwards, 1777–1855, British, Nicholas Revett, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.