- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.4 x 26.6 cm), Plate: 13 9/16 x 9 7/8 inches (34.5 x 25.1 cm), Image: 8 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (21.3 x 17.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Architect | 1720-1804"; on back, lower right: "10/- (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center, within border: "NICHOLAS REVETT."; lower left: "Ramsay pinxt.."; lower center: "Dedicated (by Permission) to | William Wilkins Esqr,, M. A _ R. A _ & F. S. A. | From a family Picture, now in the possession of Mr,, Weale. | Published by Priestley & Weale, High Street, Bloomsbury, 1827."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | coat | costume | cravat | frill | man | portrait | ruffle | wig
- Associated People:
- Revett, Nicholas (1721–1804), architect
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Camden Edwards, 1777–1855, British, Nicholas Revett, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.