Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 19 15/16 x 13 3/8 inches (50.7 x 33.9 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (23.1 x 17.4 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 8 3/8 x 6 5/16 inches (21.2 x 16 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 x 4 inches (13 x 10.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4/-"; on back, lower center: "5 | Wa[...]h"
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower center: "G. H. Every."; on chine collé, lower right: "Sir Joshua Reynolds P. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | breeches (trousers) | bust | chair | coat | curtain | drapery | man | paper | portrait | sculpture
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.