Sir Joshua Reynolds, P. R. A.
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid on mount
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 6 1/4 × 4 5/8 inches (15.9 × 11.7 cm) and Image: 5 9/16 × 4 3/16 inches (14.2 × 10.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Edward Edwards"; on mount, lower right: "y-"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "E. E."; lower center: "Published by W. Smith, 23, Lisle Street, Leicester Square. | SIR JOSHUA REYNOLDS, P. R. A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | coat | costume | cravat | frill | man | portrait | ruffle | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Reynolds, Sir Joshua (1723–1792), portrait and history painter and art theorist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Edwards, 1738–1806, British, Sir Joshua Reynolds, P. R. A, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.