- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 5 1/2 x 3 15/16 inches (13.9 x 10 cm) and Image: 4 7/8 x 3 5/16 inches (12.4 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Jonathan RICHARDSON"; on mount, lower right: "C. Bretherton"; on back of sheet, lower right: "2/"; on back of mount, lower right: "2500"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | coat | collar | man | painter | portrait | self-portrait | writer
- Associated People:
- Richardson, Jonathan, the elder (1667–1745), portrait painter and writer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Jonathan Richardson, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.