- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 3 15/16 inches (13.9 × 10 cm), Image: 4 7/8 × 3 5/16 inches (12.4 × 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Jonathan RICHARDSON"; on mount, lower right: "C. Bretherton"; on back of sheet, lower right: "2/"; on back of mount, lower right: "2500"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | coat | collar | man | painter | portrait | self-portrait | writer
- Associated People:
- Richardson, Jonathan, the elder (1667–1745), portrait painter and writer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Charles Bretherton, ca. 1760–1783, British, Jonathan Richardson, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.