- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 3/16 inches (25.8 x 18.2 cm), Plate: 4 1/8 x 3 1/16 inches (10.4 x 7.8 cm), Image: 2 13/16 x 2 15/16 inches (7.2 x 7.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "8931"; on back, lower right: "2/ | 25a"
Lettered in black ink, center: "HUGH ROBINSON. | From an Original Sketch by Himself 1776 | Frederick Atkinson. fecit 1800."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | costume | curls | man | portrait | ruff | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Robinson, Hugh (1756–1796), portrait and history painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Atkinson, active 1800, British, Hugh Robinson, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.