- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 3/16 inches (25.8 x 18.2 cm), Plate: 4 1/8 x 3 1/16 inches (10.4 x 7.8 cm), and Image: 2 13/16 x 2 15/16 inches (7.2 x 7.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "8931"; on back, lower right: "2/ | 25a"
Lettered in black ink, center: "HUGH ROBINSON. | From an Original Sketch by Himself 1776 | Frederick Atkinson. fecit 1800."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | costume | man | portrait | ruff | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Robinson, Hugh (1756–1796), portrait and history painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Atkinson, active 1800, British, Hugh Robinson, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.