George Romney, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
G. Romney, Esq.
- Crayon manner and stipple engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (unevenly cropped to plate): 15 13/16 x 12 5/16 inches (40.2 x 31.2 cm) and Image: 7 1/16 x 6 5/16 inches (18 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "4/6 | 25a"
Lettered, lower center: "G. ROMNEY, ESQ. | From an original Picture by himself, in the Possession of his Son, | the Rev,,d John Romney. | Drawn by J. Jackson, Esq. R.A. Engraved by W. T. Fry. | PUBLISHED JUNE 4, 1817, BY T. CADELL & W. DAVIES, STRAND, LONDON. | . . . "
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | gaze | man | painter | portrait | posing | ruffles | smiling
- Associated People:
- Romney, George (1734–1802), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Julia Marciari-Alexander, This other Eden, paintings from the Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1998, p. 208, ND1314.3 Y36 1998 (YCBA)