Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Peter Paul Rubens, undated
Sir Peter Paul Rubens
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- 8 7/8 x 6 9/16 inches (22.5 x 16.6 cm), 6 5/8 x 5 1/16 inches (16.8 x 12.8 cm), and 5 1/16 x 4 7/16 inches (12.9 x 11.2 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "S.R PETER PAUL RUBENS."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | chain | cloak | collar | feather | gaze | hat | man | moustache | oval | painter | portrait | posing
- Associated People:
- Rubens, Sir Peter Paul (1577–1640), painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.