- Stipple engraving and soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 4 7/8 inches (16.2 x 12.4 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 4 1/2 inches (15.4 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 4 5/8 x 3 11/16 inches (11.8 x 9.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/ 25a"
Lettered, center right, inside image: "CR"; lower left under image: "R. Cosway, R.A. del."; lower center: "Paul Sandby | Library of the Fine Arts, Dec.4 1831"; lower right: "R. Dagley, sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | collar | cravat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Sandby, Paul (bap. 1731, d. 1809), painter and engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Dagley, ca. 1765–1841, British, Paul Sandby, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.