- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/8 x 4 7/8 inches (16.2 x 12.4 cm), Plate: 6 1/16 x 4 1/2 inches (15.4 x 11.5 cm), Image: 4 5/8 x 3 11/16 inches (11.8 x 9.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/ 25a"
Lettered, center right, inside image: "CR"; lower left under image: "R. Cosway, R.A. del."; lower center: "Paul Sandby | Library of the Fine Arts, Dec.4 1831"; lower right: "R. Dagley, sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | collar | cravat | gaze | painter | portrait | posing | thoughtful
- Associated People:
- Sandby, Paul (bap. 1731, d. 1809), painter and engraver
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Dagley, ca. 1765–1841, British, Paul Sandby, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.