IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Kirby Baldrey, active 1750–1821, Mr. C. Sharp, the Well-Known Artist, Mechanic, and Antiquarian (d. 1797), 1798
Mr. C. Sharp, the Well-Known Artist, Mechanic, and Antiquarian (d. 1797)
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 5/8 x 4 3/8 inches (19.4 x 11.1 cm), Sheet: 5 7/8 x 3 9/16 inches (14.9 x 9 cm), Image: 4 7/16 x 3 1/4 inches (11.2 x 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "4//"
Lettered, lower left: "F. Vandermyn delt."; lower center: "Mr. C : Sharp | Cambridge | [...]he well-known Artist, Merchanic, and Antiquarian | Died June 9, 1797: Aged 75 Years. | [...]blished April 16, 1798; by J : Baldrey, Cambridge"; lower right: "J: Baldrey sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquarian | artist | buttons | coat | cockade | collar | curls | hat | man | mechanic | portrait | profile | shirt | vest | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.