- Mr. C. Sharp, the Well-Known Artist, Mechanic, and Antiquarian (d. 1797)
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper mounted on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 5/8 x 4 3/8 inches (19.4 x 11.1 cm), Sheet: 5 7/8 x 3 9/16 inches (14.9 x 9 cm), and Image: 4 7/16 x 3 1/4 inches (11.2 x 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "4//"
Lettered, lower left: "F. Vandermyn delt."; lower center: "Mr. C : Sharp | Cambridge | [...]he well-known Artist, Merchanic, and Antiquarian | Died June 9, 1797: Aged 75 Years. | [...]blished April 16, 1798; by J : Baldrey, Cambridge"; lower right: "J: Baldrey sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- antiquarian | artist | buttons | coat | cockade | collar | curls | hat | man | mechanic | portrait | profile | shirt | vest | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Kirby Baldrey, active 1750–1821, Mr. C. Sharp, the Well-Known Artist, Mechanic, and Antiquarian (d. 1797), 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.