- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/8 × 10 inches (35.9 × 25.4 cm) and Image: 12 5/8 × 9 13/16 inches (32 × 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "4- | [...] - | 324"; on back, lower right: "8/"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Enoch Seeman Junior PICTOR. | Se ipse pinxit Ætat: 19."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1727. | Sold by J Faber at ye Golden head ye South side of Bloomsbury Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cloak | column (architectural element) | man | pen | pillar | portrait | robe | self-portrait | sketchbook
- Associated People:
- Seeman, Enoch (1689/90–1744), portrait painter
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Enoch Seeman, 1727
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.