- Additional Title(s):
- between 1731 and 1733
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 7/16 × 9 7/16 inches (31.6 × 23.9 cm), Image: 11 3/8 x 9 7/16 inches (28.9 x 23.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, upper right: "2 290"; on verso, lower right: "430"
Lettered below image, in black ink, lower left: "T. Hudson pinx."; lower center: "Samuelis Scott Navium, & Prospectum marinorum Pictor."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | artist | cap | collar | engraving | man | paintbrushes | palette | portrait | ship | turban
- Associated People:
- Scott, Samuel (1701/2–1772), marine painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painters and Engraving - The Reproductive Print from Hogarth to Wilkie (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-03-26 - 1980-06-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, p. 188, cat. 52, no. 52, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA) [YCBA]