Martin Archer Shee, Esq., R. A.
- Crayon manner with stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 14 11/16 × 10 7/8 inches (37.3 × 27.7 cm) and 6 11/16 × 6 1/2 inches (17 × 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "4/6"
Lettered, lower center: "MARTIN ARCHER SHEE, ESQ. R.A. | Engraved by W.T. Fry, from an original Drawing by | J. JACKSON, ESQ. A.R.A. | PUBLISHED JAN.14, 1817, BY T. CADELL & W. DAVIES, STRAND, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | author | collar | cravat | gaze | man | nobility | nobleman | painter | portrait | portrait painter | posing | solemn | writer
- Associated People:
- Shee, Sir Martin Archer (1769–1850), portrait painter and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Thomas Fry, 1789–1843, British, Martin Archer Shee, Esq., R. A, 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.