Nicholas Stone Sr. and Nicholas Stone Jr.
- Additional Title(s):
Nicholas Stone (Senior) and Nicholas Stone (Junior)
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Plate: 11 9/16 x 8 11/16 inches (29.4 x 22 cm), Sheet: 6 7/8 x 5 1/16 inches (17.4 x 12.9 cm), Image: 5 3/4 x 4 5/8 inches (14.6 x 11.8 cm)
Lettered, upper righ above imaget: "P. 165"; upper center inside image: "NICHOLAS STONE SEN.r"; lower left inside image: "NICHOLAS STONE JUN.r"; lower right below image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | artists | compass (drawing instrument) | family | father | laurel crown | mallet | mantle | mason | men | ovals | portrait | ribbon | ruler | son | tools
- Associated People:
- Stone Sr., Nicholas (1585x8–1647), sculptor, master mason, and architect,
Stone Jr., Nicholas (bap. 1618 - d. 1647), sculptor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Nicholas Stone Sr. and Nicholas Stone Jr, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.