- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint, etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 7 5/16 inches (26.2 x 18.5 cm), Plate: 7 5/8 x 5 1/2 inches (19.3 x 14 cm), Image: 4 13/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.3 x 10.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Harding del."; lower center: "JOHN TAYLOR. | Painter, | From an Original Picture by Himself in the | Bodleian Gallery; | OXFORD. | Pub'd 1. Oct.r 1796. by E. & S. Harding Pall Mall."; lower right under image: "Clamp sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | cape | collar | curls | gaze | man | moustache | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Taylor, John (1739–1838), portrait painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.