- Mezzotint, etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 x 7 5/16 inches (26.2 x 18.5 cm), Plate: 7 5/8 x 5 1/2 inches (19.3 x 14 cm), and Image: 4 13/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.3 x 10.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Harding del."; lower center: "JOHN TAYLOR. | Painter, | From an Original Picture by Himself in the | Bodleian Gallery; | OXFORD. | Pub'd 1. Oct.r 1796. by E. & S. Harding Pall Mall."; lower right under image: "Clamp sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | buttons | cape | collar | curls | gaze | man | moustache | painter | portrait
- Associated People:
- Taylor, John (1739–1838), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.