- Henry Tresham, R. A.
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 7 1/2 inches (28.2 x 19 cm), Plate: 6 9/16 x 4 1/2 inches (16.6 x 11.5 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 x 2 13/16 inches (8.9 x 7.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Henry Tresham R.A | by Freeman after Opie | 1809"; on back, lower center: "Tresham RA proof | 2/6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | collar | cravat | dealer | history painter | oval | painter | portrait | posing | solemn
- Associated People:
- Tresham, Henry (bap. 1750/51, d. 1814), history painter and art dealer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Freeman, 1773–1857, British, Henry Tresham, R. A, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.