IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francis Croll, baptized 1826–1854, British, Rev.d John Thomson, undated
Rev.d John Thomson
- Additional Title(s):
Reverend John Thomson
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (24.8 × 15.8 cm), Image: 3 13/16 × 3 1/8 inches (9.7 × 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "V | 25a"
Lettered, center right under image: "F Croll"; lower center: "Rev.d John Thomson | portrait Gallery of Hoggs Instructor"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bald | bow tie | coat | cravat | gaze | man | middle-aged | portrait | posing | reverend | vest
- Associated People:
- Thomson, Reverend John (active 1830), parish minister of Shettleston, Scotland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.