Sir James Thornhill
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 12 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (32.8 x 25.2 cm) and Image: 11 11/16 x 9 13/16 inches (29.7 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower center: "2148 — [...] 2"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "I. Highmore pinxt."; lower center: "Sr. James Thornhill Knt."; lower right: "I. Faber fecit 1732."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | man | oval | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Thornhill, Sir James (1675/6–1734), decorative painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Faber the Younger, ca. 1695–1756, Netherlandish, active in Britain, Sir James Thornhill, 1732
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.