- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 3/16 inches (30.2 x 23.4 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17 x 13.2 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 x 4 5/8 inches (14.8 x 11.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Hissings pinxit."; lower center: "PETER TILLEMANS."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cape | curls | drapery | gesture | jacket | long hair | man | paint brushes | painter | palette | portrait | posing | shirt | sitting
- Associated People:
- Tillemans, Peter (c. 1684-1734), painter and draughtsman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Peter Tillemans, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.