- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 3/16 inches (30.2 x 23.4 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 3/16 inches (17 x 13.2 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 x 4 5/8 inches (14.8 x 11.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Hissings pinxit."; lower center: "PETER TILLEMANS."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cape | curls | drapery | gesture | jacket | long hair | man | paint brushes | painter | palette | portrait | posing | shirt | sitting
- Associated People:
- Tillemans, Peter (c. 1684-1734), painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Peter Tillemans, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.