- William van der Velde, Junior
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 9 inches (30.3 x 22.9 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 5/16 inches (17.6 x 13.5 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 3/4 inches (14.9 x 12 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Kneller pinx"; lower center: "WILLIAM VANDE VELDE, Jun.r"; lower right under image: "T. Chambars Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- academic robes | artist | cloak | gesturing | letter | man | painter | portrait | posing | ring | scarf | ship | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Velde, Willem van de, the younger (1633–1707), marine painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, William van der Velde, Junior, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.