IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Paul Van Somer, undated
Paul Van Somer
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 1/8 inches (30.1 x 23.1 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (16.8 x 13 cm), Image: 4 15/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.5 x 10.7 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "PAUL VANSOMER."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | gaze | man | moustache | oval | portrait | pose | posing | ruff
- Associated People:
- Somer, Paul van (1577/8-1621/2), portrait painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Julia Marciari-Alexander, This other Eden, paintings from the Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1998, p. 209, ND1314.3 Y36 1998 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.