- Paul Van Somer
- Etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 7/8 x 9 1/8 inches (30.1 x 23.1 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 5 1/8 inches (16.8 x 13 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.5 x 10.7 cm)
Lettered, lower center: "PAUL VANSOMER."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloak | gaze | man | moustache | oval | portrait | pose | posing | ruff
- Associated People:
- Somer, Paul van (1577/8-1621/2), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Julia Marciari-Alexander, This other Eden, paintings from the Yale Center for British Art , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1998, p. 209, ND1314.3 Y36 1998 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Paul Van Somer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.