- On the Road, Two Hours from Tepelene, 19 April 1857
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/8 x 12 7/16 inches (22.5 x 31.6 cm)
Inscribed with pen in brown ink, lower left: "2 hours from | Tepelene"; pen in brown ink, lower right; "on the road, 2 hours from | [Tewedenern?]"; Verso: in graphite, upper right: "32" encircled, in graphite, center; "upright | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | grass | landscape | Stone buildings | tree
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, On the Road, Two Hours from Tepelene, 19 April 1857, 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.