- Tabeen Berlin, 4:00 p.m., January 1, 1867 (16)
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper, mounted on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 6 3/16 inches (6.7 x 15.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Tabeen | Berlin. 4. PM. Jany 1. 1867. very thick palms. stems grow[in?] light off."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(16)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | marine art | palm trees | river | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Giza | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Tabeen Berlin, 4:00 p.m., January 1, 1867 (16), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.