IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, An Interesting Group: "Misfortune Makes us Acquainted with Strange Bedfellows", 1847
An Interesting Group: "Misfortune Makes us Acquainted with Strange Bedfellows"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 3/8 inches (30.9 x 44.2 cm), Image: 9 7/16 x 12 5/16 inches (24 x 31.2 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 876"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T. McLean, 26 Haymarket, Feby 1847"; lower center: "AN INTERESTING GROUP. | 'MISFORTUNE MAKES US ACQUAINTED WITH STRAGE BEDFELLOWS.'"; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co. 70 S.t Martins Lane."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coats | cravats | gathering | genre subject | men | middle-aged | misfortune | old | political | politicians | portrait | satire | sitting | sketches | solemn | thoughtful | top hats
- Associated People:
- Disraeli, Benjamin, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-1881), politician/statesman, author/poet
Clinton, Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham, 5th Duke of Newcastle (1811-1864)
Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
Peel, Sir Robert, third baronet (1822–1895), politician
O'Brien, William Smith (1803-1864), politician/statesman
Goulburn, Henry (1784-1856), politician/statesman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.