An Interesting Group: "Misfortune Makes us Acquainted with Strange Bedfellows"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 3/8 inches (30.9 x 44.2 cm) and Image: 9 7/16 x 12 5/16 inches (24 x 31.2 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 876"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T. McLean, 26 Haymarket, Feby 1847"; lower center: "AN INTERESTING GROUP. | 'MISFORTUNE MAKES US ACQUAINTED WITH STRAGE BEDFELLOWS.'"; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co. 70 S.t Martins Lane."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coats | cravats | gathering | genre subject | men | misfortune | old | political | politicians | portrait | satire | sketches | top hats
- Associated People:
- Clinton, Henry Pelham Fiennes Pelham, 5th Duke of Newcastle (1811-1864)
Disraeli, Benjamin, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-1881), politician/statesman, author/poet
Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
Peel, Sir Robert, third baronet (1822–1895), politician
O'Brien, William Smith (1803-1864), politician/statesman
Goulburn, Henry (1784-1856), politician/statesman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, An Interesting Group: "Misfortune Makes us Acquainted with Strange Bedfellows", 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.