A Lecture on Elocution, the Professor Enforcing his Precepts by Example
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 17 5/16 inches (30.8 x 44 cm), Image: 10 1/8 x 12 15/16 inches (25.7 x 32.8 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 877"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket Feby 11th 1847"; lower center: "A LECTURE ON ELOCUTION. | THE PROFESSOR ENFORCING HIS PRECEPTS BY EXAMPLE."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coats | elocution | genre subject | gesturing | laughing | lecture | men | parody | pointing | political | politicians | professor | satire | shouting | sitting | talking | top hat
- Associated People:
- Bentinck, Lord George (1802–1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
Disraeli, Benjamin, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield (1804–1881), politician/statesman, author/poet
Roebuck, Right Hon John Arthur (1802–1879), British politician born in Madras, India
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A Lecture on Elocution, the Professor Enforcing his Precepts by Example, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.