- A New Way to Drive Over an Old Road; Now Alas! Sadly out of Order
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/16 x 17 5/16 inches (30.7 x 44 cm) and Image: 9 9/16 x 12 15/16 inches (24.3 x 32.8 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 878"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T McLean 26 Haymarket Feby 11th 1847"; lower center inside image: "IRISH IMPRUDENCE | ENGLISH PREJUDICE"; lower center under image: "A NEW WAY TO DRIVE OVER AN OLD ROAD; | NOW ALAS! SADLY OUT OF ORDER."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co St Martin's Lane."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beards | carriage | driving | genre subject | horse (animal) | men | parody | political | politicians | reins | road | rules | satire | sitting | talking | top hats | wheels | whip
- Associated People:
- Inglis, Sir Robert Harry, 2nd Baronet (1786 - 1855), politician/statesman
Bentinck, Lord George (1802-1848), politician/statesman, athlete/sportsman
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A New Way to Drive Over an Old Road; Now Alas! Sadly out of Order, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.