Rather Sharp Practice in Diplomacy, or a Curious Illustration of the "Entente Cordiale"
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/16 x 17 3/8 inches (31.2 x 44.2 cm) and Image: 9 5/16 x 12 1/8 inches (23.7 x 30.8 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 879"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published by T. McLean 26 Haymarket Feb7 iith 1847"; lower center: "RATHER SHARP PRACTICE IN DIPLOMACY, | OR A CURIOUS ILLUSTRATION OF THE 'ENTENTE CORDIALE.'"; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chairs | coats | cravats | diplomats | discussion (meeting) | genre subject | gesturing | marriage | men | political | politicians | satire | sketches | spurs | spying | talking
- Associated People:
- Guizot, François Pierre Guillaume (1787-1874), politician/statesman, author/poet
Phipps, Constantine Henry, 1st Marquess of Normanby (1797-1863), politician/statesman
Louis Philippe (1773 - 1850), King of France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Rather Sharp Practice in Diplomacy, or a Curious Illustration of the "Entente Cordiale", 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.