Tancred Entering the Enchanted Forest, Vide "Jerusalem Delivered"--Canto XIII
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- 12 3/16 x 17 3/8 inches (31 x 44.2 cm) and 9 13/16 x 12 13/16 inches (25 x 32.5 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 834"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published March 31 1847 by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "TANCRED ENTERING THE ENCHANTED FOREST. | Vide 'Jerusalem Delivered.' ~ Canto XIII."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | bones | Canto XIII (Jerusalem Delivered) | chain mail | enchanted | faces | forest | helmet | Irish | Jerusalem Delivered, 1581 | knights | laws | legislation | literary theme | mythology | novels | political | politicians | satire | satirical | shield | sketches | sword | trees
- Associated People:
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Tancred Entering the Enchanted Forest, Vide "Jerusalem Delivered"--Canto XIII, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.