Rather a Dangerous Kind of Hug
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 5/16 inches (31 x 44 cm), Image: 8 15/16 x 11 7/8 inches (22.7 x 30.1 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 885"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published April 3rd 1847 , by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "RATHER A DANGEROUS KIND OF HUG."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co. 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | bear | collars | crown | danger | embracing | genre subject | jackets | kings | money | parody | political | politicians | politics | satire | sketches | watching
- Associated Places:
- England | France | Russia
- Associated People:
- Brunnow, Baron (fl. 1847), Russian Ambassador to London
Louis Philippe (1773 - 1850), King of France
Temple, Henry, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784 - 1865), politician/statesman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Rather a Dangerous Kind of Hug, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.