Rather a Dangerous Kind of Hug
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/16 x 17 5/16 inches (31 x 44 cm) and Image: 8 15/16 x 11 7/8 inches (22.7 x 30.1 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 885"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published April 3rd 1847 , by Thos McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "RATHER A DANGEROUS KIND OF HUG."; lower right: "Printed by McLean & Co. 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | collars | crown | danger | embracing | genre subject | jackets | kings | money | parody | political | politicians | politics | satire | sketches
- Associated Places:
- England | France | Russia
- Associated People:
- Louis Philippe (1773 - 1850), King of France
Temple, Henry, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784 - 1865), politician/statesman
Brunnow, Baron (fl. 1847), Russian Ambassador to London
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Rather a Dangerous Kind of Hug, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.