A Brummagem Don Quixote, Meditating his Grand Attack Upon the Leading Giant
- Part Of:
- Lithograph in tan and black ink on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 x 17 1/2 inches (30.5 x 44.5 cm) and Image: 9 1/4 x 13 9/16 inches (23.5 x 34.5 cm)
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 893"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left under image: "Published Novr 20th 1847, by T McLean 26 Haymarket"; lower center: "A BRUMMAGEM DON QUIXOTE | MEDITATING HIS GRAND ATTACK UPON THE LEADING GIANT."; lower right: "Printed at 70 St Martins Lane"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- attack | beards | bridles | counterfeit | donkey | genre subject | horse (animal) | horses (animals) | lances | newspapers | political | politicians | saddles | satire | satirical | shield | sketches | The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha (1605 and 1616) | top hats | windmills
- Associated People:
- Sancho Panza, squire of Don Quixote
Muntz, George Fredrick (1794 - 1857), MP for Birmingham
Spooner, Richard (1783 - 1864), MP for Birmingham, later North Warwickshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, A Brummagem Don Quixote, Meditating his Grand Attack Upon the Leading Giant, 1847
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.